If you enjoy living life on the edge, aka you tend to find yourself pressing the snooze button to the maxxxximum amount you possibly can, to savour just a few extra special moments in your beloved bed.... then this recipe is for YOU my friend. I can totally sympathise with you. Bless our souls. We aren't the greatest morning people. Especially when we haven't eaten breakfast. So to kickstart/ease you in for the day, whatever you're feeling, overnight oats are the BEST. They fill you right up, and taste like a heavenly dessert for breakfast, especially when topped with berries. Do not worry. I've got your back. Trust me, this is the solution to easier mornings and happier days. Oh and don''t thank me. Thank the oats.
P.S This recipe is kind of like 'Overnight Oats 101', basically it's very simple. Simple, yes, but veryyy delicious. However, what I'm trying to get at is, feel free to add whatever you like to it. Top your jar with nuts, seeds, berries, more maple syrup - whatever you fancy. Or even if you have more time to spare in the morning, empty the jar's contents out into a bowl and top with more yoghurt, cinnamon etc., you name it!
*Warning, this will make your mornings very enjoyable. Even if you aren't the greatest morning person.
25g Porridge Oats
50ml of Milk (whatever you prefer; cow/almond/oat etc.)
3 tablespoons of Greek Yoghurt
1 tablespoon of Chia Seeds
1 tablespoon of Maple Syrup
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Cinnamon and Salt
- The night before you'd like to eat these oats - add all the ingredients together in a large bowl and mix them with a spoon until blended.
- Place in a jar or tupperware - then pop the lid on. (You could also transfer the oat mixture into a bowl, and cover with clingfilm, if you've got time for a leisurely breakfast. The initial options are for transportation sake.)
- Leave the oats in the fridge overnight to infuse all the amazing flavours.
- The next morning, remove the lid/clingfilm and top with anything you'd like. It is also good on it's own. Although fruit makes everything better and has lots of incredible nutrients, so why leave it out?!
- Simple as that- it's ready to be enjoyed wherever. On the train, bus, at work...or in bed.