Saturday, 19 December 2015

Christmas Pud Porridge

I absolutely love Christmas. It's such a chill time of the year (once exams are done, oh yeahhh) as it means catching up with family/friends, eating lots of yummy food and a generally enjoying a well-deserved break. However, I can often feel a bit groggy from indulging the night before, that I crave something yummy yet nourishing for breakfast - that still obviously has a load of festive cheer! This is when the Christmas Pud Porridge comes into play. It ticks all the boxes providing the body with exactly what it needs, restoring much-needed energy levels, all powered by oats and naturally sweet goodness. I adore the smells which Christmas brings, and the way the entire house fills up with the incredible scent of cinnamon. Cooking up a bowl of this on a crisp, cold morning does just that, and makes everywhere smell amazing. Why can't it be Christmas everyday?!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all enjoy the holidays. May they be filled with lotsa joy, fun and deliciousness. I can not wait and I hope you're feeling the same too!
Lots of Love xx

200ml Water
50g Porridge Oats
50ml Milk (whatever you prefer; cow/almond/oat etc.)
2 Medjool Dates
1 tablespoon of Lemon or Orange Juice
1 teaspoon of Maple Syrup
1 teaspoon of Almond Butter
1 teaspoon of Coconut Oil
1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
Optional: 1/8 teaspoon of Ginger powder
Pinch of Salt

  1. Bring to boil water, milk, oats and pinch of salt, in a saucepan. Simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring the mixture to ensure none gets stuck on the bottom of the pan.
  2. Reduce heat, then add in almond butter and coconut oil, stirring to make sure they are well melted.
  3. Pit and chop the dates, adding them to the porridge, along with the other ingredients.
  4. Stir altogether and transfer into a bowl. Top with dried cranberries if you'd like.

1 comment:

  1. This Christmas Pud Porridge is looking so yummy. I am sure everyone loved this. On this Christmas I too had DIY food for my house party. I had found fabulous and very quick recipes at Nom Photo Sharing app and they all turned out fabulous.

    ReplyDelete