This is one of my all-time favourite salads. Broccoli and tomatoes are both laden with Vitamin C (vital for wading off sniffles for any of you poor souls fighting through exams), almonds are Vitamin E store-houses (to help your skin glow despite the lack of sunshine we're having at the moment in the UK) and feta...well it's just blooming delicious!
As well, these ingredients are not only nutritionally dense but are also very filling. Say goodbye to feelings of lathery, as well as saving you from those rather embarrassing tummy grumbles. Believe me, tuck into this superfood laden salad and actually enjoy "clean" eating this year.
40g of Feta cheese
30g of Cucumber
1 Handful of Cherry Tomatoes
1 Handful of Almonds
Drizzle of Vinaigrette* (3 tablespoons of Olive Oil, 1 tablespoon of White Wine Vinegar, seasoned with salt and pepper)
- Heat oven to 180oC.
- Toast almonds for 8-10 minutes. Make sure you give them a toss half way through to avoid them burning.
- Remove almonds from the oven and allow to cool.
- Cut broccoli into florets and place in boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes until al dente. Remove from the heat, drain hot water immediately and place broccoli in freezing water to prohibit further cooking. (This will help keep the broccoli florets crunchy!)
- In the meantime, make up the vinaigrette, slice other vegetables and cube cheese. Add ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Remove broccoli from water and give it a quick try with a clean drying cloth. Add it alongside the other ingredients and mix together.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.