This is the perfect alternative to the classic Sunday lunch. Chicken, potatoes, vegetables, you name it - it's there. Yet it has got bucket loads of added flavour and as well, cheesy goodness. Amazing cheesy goodness.
Seriously, you need to give it a go. I have been making it quite a bit recently, and being honest, I actually think I could eat this every day. It really is that great! The meal requires just a little baby sitting and preparation, but it delivers mouth-watering results every single time.
Feta cheese is amazing as it is so soft, crumbly and has a pungent flavour. This means that only need a small amount is needed to make a tasty addition to your meals. Some other milder cheeses require a lot more to be added in recipes, as the strength of the cheese isn't as strong. So a stronger cheese is definitely a better alternative, as you are still guaranteed the same delicious taste but without over-loading on saturated fats.
4 rashers of Bacon
4 Chicken breasts
100g of Feta Cheese
Dressing for chicken:
a few glugs of Olive oil
sprinkle of Black Pepper,
Oregano and Chili powder
1 Garlic clove, crushed
2 Peppers, sliced
1 red onion, quartered
8 baby potatoes
2 tomatoes, quartered
a few sprigs of Rosemary
- Preheat oven to 200oC.
- Wash and cut vegetables. Place potatoes in baking tray first, drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and scatter over some rosemary. Bake in oven for 40 minutes.
- Carefully butterfly the chicken by making a slice into it with a sharp knife. Then stuff each breast with 25g of cheese. Wrap the chicken with a rasher of bacon.
- Place each piece of chicken into another baking tray.
- Mix together dressing for the chicken, and cover it with the mixture. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until cooked through and the chicken flesh is white in colour. After 20 minutes, make sure chicken remains moist by basting it with the garlic-y dressing. Then cover with tin foil for remaining time in the oven, to avoid the chicken drying out.
- Add the rest of the vegetables to potatoes once they've been in oven for 10 minutes. Mix them to ensure they are covered in oil, rosemary and salt. Give the veg a good stir every 10 minutes until cooked, to make sure that they go crispy.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from oven, plate up, serve and enjoy!