This my friends, isn't just your standard stew. Spiced with paprika rather than using a heavy tomato base, this stew is light yet filling, and packed with immense flavour. Serve with your greatest attempt at a Spanish accent, crusty bread, and you're guaranteed an absolute crowd pleaser. It really does capture summer with every bite!
6 Chicken Thighs, chopped
250g Chorizo, chopped
3 Peppers (Preferably red, orange and yellow), sliced
1 Onion, chopped
12 Baby Potatoes, washed with skin left on
2 litres of Chicken stock
2 tbsp Paprika
Sprinkle of Salt, Pepper and Oregano
Parsley, for serving
- In a pot, fry off chicken with drizzle of olive oil, until browned. Then fry off chorizo along with the chicken.
- In a seperate pot, fry off onions until browned, then cook the peppers for a few minutes so they are slightly softened.
- Add vegetables to meat pan with paprika, and stir.
- Sprinkle with seasonings, and add stock along with potatoes.
- Put a lid on the pot and leave to simmer, over medium heat, for 40 minutes. (Until potatoes are cooked)
- Season to taste, then serve with crusty bread and a sprinkle of parsley to garnish.